== A Spring Thing 2023 Entrant ==
You are a witch's crow familiar, headstrong as anything but still young and untested.
What starts as a normal day soon takes a harrowing turn when your pacific caretaker, Valmai, is struck down by a terrible hex of mysterious origin. Now it's up to you, little bird, to cure your caretaker and discover the hex's source.
Are you up for the task?
- Beginner-friendly parser commands peppered with choice-based elements
- Limited vocabulary: you'll only need LOOK, TAKE/GET, DROP, PECK, and CAW
- Free to play; formatted for browser, tablet, and mobile
- More than 30 unique, hand-crafted pixel art scenes
- Roughly 60-90 minutes of play time
- Cute woodland animals
- Accessibility features: optional tutorial, dynamic TASKS list, three varied fonts, dark/light mode, and toggle-able text indicator for 'press any key' commands
For both detailed step-by-step and spoiler-free walkthroughs of the game (and information on how to obtain the secret ending), click here.
- Written by groggydog
- Raven portrait pixel art from craftpix.net
- All other pixel art by groggydog
- Created in the Adventuron Engine
Many thanks to my alpha/beta testers:
Alpha: jbeebs305, manonamora
Beta: Christopher Merriner, Dee Cooke, Mike Russo, Travis Moy, ZAG On Em Clan
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Just got done playing this. It was so much fun and I've already shared it with my partner who also loves crows! I'm sure I'll come back and play it again!!!
Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear that you liked it, and I hope your partner does as well.
That was just adorable. Action-packed, with a great protagonist. I really enjoyed it!
That's so kind of you to say. Really glad to hear you had a good time with it. Fran says CAW back at you.